Blender 4.0.1 was a minor release that was released on November 17, 2023. It mainly focused on fixing bugs and improving stability.
- Fixed a crash when opening old files with text objects.
- Fixed a crash when adding a specular texture slot in texture paint mode.
- Fixed Cycles MetalRT compilation errors on base M3 MacBook Pros with factory installed OS.
- Fixed a regression in image quality option for glTF exports.
- Corrected the display of Rec. 1886 and Rec. 2020 view transforms.
- Fixed an issue with the Node Wrangler's Principled Textures Setup emissive texture.
- Fixed a bug in Sculpt Multires drawing that caused it to break when no mask was selected.
- Fixed a bug in the sequencer that caused it to ignore the passed frame when splitting clips.
Other bug fixes and improvements:
- Numerous bug fixes in various areas of the software.
- Improved performance in some areas.
- Updated documentation.
Overall, Blender 4.0.1 was a relatively minor release, but it did address some important bugs and stability issues.