Render4you Redshift Render Farm has rolled out an update, bringing its Redshift version up to 2.6.40
Please be aware that all tasks utilizing Redshift release 2 will now be using version 2.6.40. If you require a different version for your specific needs, we are happy to provide you with a custom version.6
Summary of the updates
- Added the Per Particle Reference attribute to MASH Instancers.
- Reverted the default reflection end color parameter back to 'Environment.'
- Improved performance of XGen IGS and Curve Sets when using motion blur.
- Fixed an issue with the Maya Renderview clearing the region outside the region being rendered when finished.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when unloading the Redshift plugin without XGen loaded on Maya 2016.5 and newer versions.
For Cinema 4D:
- Added initial support for scene export units through the new Units section of the Integration tab in the Redshift Render Settings.
- Improved support for the X-Particles xpTrail object, making alternative spline types and subdivision modes work with per-sample color and thickness values.
- Addressed issues in the Environment and DomeLight shaders where certain parameters related to texture gamma were not effective.
- Addressed issues related to material renaming and RenderView color scheme inconsistencies.
- Added support for Houdini 17.5.229 and dropped support for Houdini 16.5.571.
- Camera nodes in the scenes now obey the OCIO environment variable settings.
- Fixed the vignette effect in the PostFX COP2 node.
- Fixed a bug in the force matte feature related to multi-thread scene extraction.
- Added support for JSON files from disk as scene-level stylesheets.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when rendering deep files with postfx or denoising features enabled, as they are not compatible.
- Introduced a new hscript command "Redshift_getProxyDependencies" to get the proxy dependencies from any proxy OBJ node or file.
- Added support for tetrahedron primitives in the "Tessellate Primitives" feature.
- Fixed the Redshift shading nodes' ramp type parameter knots reset problem.
- Addressed a crash that occurred when rendering deep files with postfx or denoising features enabled, as they are not compatible.
General Improvements and Fixes (All):
- Added a menu option "View > Pixel Sampler Region" to enable/disable the Pixel Sampler Region from displaying in RenderView.
- Automatically create a default preset file if it doesn't exist.
- Fixed an issue that caused Snapshots to not load/save images correctly.
- Fixed a bug with motion blurring color volume grids.
- Fixed a rare bug that could produce crashes (stack overflow related) during scene processing for specific geometry/instancing topologies.
- Fixed a bug related to the new 'Environment' Reflection End Color option, which could result in trace-depth-related asserts and knock out the fake reflection after multiple bounces.