Render4you Redshift Render Farm has rolled out an update, bringing its Redshift version up to 3.0.38.
Please be aware that all tasks utilizing Redshift release 3 will now be using version 3.0.38. If you require a different version for your specific needs, we are happy to provide you with a custom version.
For Redshift 2 the latest release version 2.6.56 is used.
Summary of the updates
- Fixed a crash that happened when loading a scene that uses an OSL node with Source Text.
- Implemented a workaround for a Maya bug related to MItDependencyGraph, ensuring proper consideration of dynamic attributes when traversing upstream nodes.
- Objects in display layers that are made invisible/visible are now tracked by the change tracker.
- Various improvements and fixes to the RsTextEditorWidget, shader input parameters, and OSL material handling.
For 3ds Max:
- Added support for RS OSL Shader map, providing OSL support.
- Added RS Surface material, allowing map nodes to be used as materials (e.g., OSL closures).
- Several improvements related to deformation blur, velocity channel override, and render view.
For Cinema 4D (C4D):
- Added support for suspending texture reloads in the RenderView during IPR.
- Addressed post-effect color inconsistencies and other issues.
- Improved live IPR updating for instancers transformations, visibility, and matte options.
- Addressed issues with RenderView "Isolated Selected" feature, IPR crashes, and OSL VOP node error reporting.
- Fixed issues with RSNoise values, UV map updates, RSTexture node, and .rsmap file naming.
- Improved the interface for selecting the UV channel in RSTexture node.
- Added support for the 'Principled Hair' shader.
- Added support for live updating of animated volumes.
- Addressed issues with the log level configuration, deep and cryptomatte filenames, and other improvements.
- Fixed issues related to disablement of various modes and configurations.
- Added a new OSL shader node to all supported DCCs.
- Fixed various bugs related to OSL shaders and closures.
General Improvements and Fixes (All):
- Improved IPR performance.
- Fixed matte object/material issues.
- Fixed various bugs related to lighting, volumes, transmittance, fogging, and more.
- Enhanced precision of baking with thin/long triangles.
- Added the new hair shader 'Principled Hair' based on the Disney model.