Render4you Redshift Render Farm has rolled out an update, bringing its Redshift version up to 3.0.66.
Please be aware that all tasks utilizing Redshift release 3 will now be using version 3.0.66. If you require a different version for your specific needs, we are happy to provide you with a custom version.
For Redshift 2 the latest release version 2.6.56 is used.
Summary of the updates
- Overscan values are scaled appropriately when using Render View's Fixed Scaling option.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in strand width being ignored for Ornatrix hair systems.
- Scene Archive now handles Proxies, Volume Grids, IES lights, and OSL shaders.
- Fixed an issue where missing LUT file is not detected by 3ds Max when loading the scene.
- Fixed issue where resetting the scene did not sync the default Post Effects settings back to Render View.
- Fixed issue where files used by animated Proxies and Volume Grids were not reported to 3ds Max as scene assets.
- Fixed issue where XRef Material did not work when used as an input to another material.
- XRef Material's "override" parameter (introduced in Max 2016) is now supported.
- Potential fix for corrupted shaderball previews in Multi/Sub-Object Material parameters UI.
- Added new "Legacy" parameters (Non-Area Light Intensity, Soft Shadow Technique) on RS lights where applicable. Enabled for existing lights, disabled for newly created lights.
- Added "Non-Area Light Intensity" and "Soft Shadow Technique" options in the new Details/Legacy section of RSLights for certain light types. Existing scenes will preserve the original look.
- Added support for Houdini 19.0.531 and dropped support for 19.0.383.
- Automatic disabling of mesh/particles deformation motion blur in all the scene's static objects.
- Automatic disabling of mesh/curves/point clouds deformation motion blur in all the scene's static objects.
- Added the documentation and source code of a basic custom display driver to the plugin docs.
- Plugin updated to let the custom display driver work in batch rendering as well.
- Minor update in the Sun Light GUI to expose the sun intensity and size parameters.
- Additional update related to the linked GLEW lib in the Linux build to use the same lib file included in Katana.
- Added support for Solaris 19.0.531 and dropped support for 19.0.383.
- Added support for the native Redshift EXR output files functions, including support for AOVs in the exported RS Proxy scenes.
- Added support for the "EXR Channel Prefix" option while exporting native EXR files.
- Fixed a crash while rendering math nodes (or other nodes with multiple internal outputs) as materials.
- Removed the python dependencies from the Linux build to prevent problems in Solaris py3 or in systems without python 2.7.
- Fixed a problem with the vertex and user data shader nodes if the attribute name was the default "Cd".
- Fixed a crash in the OSL node while switching the OSL shader file.
- Fixed a problem with file type parameters in the OSL nodes.
- Fixed error when Hair material slot is empty.
- Fixed issues related to Puzzle Matte AOV and multilayered EXR output.
- Fixed issues related to switching between Snapshots, color curve control, and LUT's combo box.
General (All Supported Software):
- Fixed bugs introduced in recent versions that could affect lighting, texture processing, proxies, and redshiftCmdLine utility.
- Updated RSLightSun GUI to expose the sun intensity and size parameters.
- Fixed an issue in the OSL node that caused code to be deleted if loading was canceled.