Render4you Redshift Render Farm has rolled out an update, bringing its Redshift version up to 3.5.14.
Please be aware that all tasks utilizing Redshift release 3.5 will now be using version 3.5.14. If you require a different version for your specific needs, we are happy to provide you with a custom version.
Earlier versions will be processed using Redshift versions 2.6.56 and 3.0.67, respectively.
Summary of the updates
- Fixed issues that could lead to crashes when rendering shaderballs with no active Redshift license.
- Addressed difficulties in selecting Redshift lights in the viewport.
- Improved bounding boxes for Redshift lights, enhancing the "Orbit Selected" tool in the viewport.
- Fixed a problem causing duplicate Maps UI rollouts to appear in some materials/maps.
- Directional lights no longer show a light "cone" in the viewport.
- Added support for per-camera and global background/backplate settings with options to apply the backplate in-render or during post-effects.
- Introduced a command in the RS Dome Light for transferring legacy backplate settings to the active camera or global post-effects.
- Added the Flakes shader.
- Added support for Houdini 19.5.534, including Apple Silicon support, and dropped support for 19.5.403.
- Introduced the new Redshift Optical Camera, replacing the old Camera nodes with continued support for older scenes.
- Added the <rop> tag to the RenderView render info format.
- OCIO color correction options exposed in the Redshift Proxy Output SOP.
- Fixed various issues, including problems with instancefile and packed proxies light mesh associations, the camera node OCIO views parameter, and more.
- Added support for Solaris 19.5.534, including Apple Silicon support, and dropped support for 19.5.403.
- Introduced support for the new Redshift Optical Camera parameters while continuing support for the old ones.
- Addressed issues with visibility primvars, "Show Samples," and "Random Noise Pattern" params in the Redshift LOP.
- Fixed various problems, including crashes on exit and in denoisers, primitive path promotion, enable state of the Hardware Ray-Tracing option, and more.
- Added support for Clear Sky.
- Added support for RS Tiles and RS Brick utility shaders.
- Fixed a bug resetting OSL node values to default when opening saved scenes with OSL nodes.
General (All Supported Software):
- Material shaders now clamp negative values in both progressive and bucket mode.
- Added support for the new sky model "PRG Clear Sky."
Redshift RT (Real-Time):
- Fixed a bug in reprojection that created line-like artifacts.
- Fixed a bug causing transmission to break object shading.
- Denoiser improvements, fixing bugs related to hot pixels, hard aliased edges, variance, indirect shadows, and overall speed and quality.
- Smoother and less error-prone temporal reprojection.
- Bugfix for dark edges around objects and better handling of hot pixels.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a crash when rendering scenes with projected UVs.
- CPU devices are now identified with the correct CPU name.