Render4you Redshift Render Farm has rolled out an update, bringing its Redshift version up to 3.0.58.
Please be aware that all tasks utilizing Redshift release 3 will now be using version 3.0.58. If you require a different version for your specific needs, we are happy to provide you with a custom version.
For Redshift 2 the latest release version 2.6.56 is used.
Summary of the updates
- Fixed an issue where a freshly referenced scene that uses an external OSL shader file wasn't automatically compiling the shader.
- All lights use the new Attribute Editor GUI layout and functionality.
- Removed deprecated Photon Map related GI settings on nodes.
- Fixed issue where ObjectID AOVs had incorrect values.
- Added "Deep Merge Alpha Threshold" to AOV Processing.
- Scenes extraction with proxy mesh nodes is significantly faster.
- The Bucket Size can now be set to 512x512.
- Scene extraction on complex scenes when there aren't any proxy nodes can be up to 344x faster.
- Scene loading after a render when using referenced scenes and imported geometry is significantly faster.
- Added "Create Layer Override..." and other attribute-related popup items to the Insert Tokens popup menu.
- Per-frame AOV initialization is now up to 5x faster.
Autodesk 3ds Max:
- Fixed a bug introduced in 3.0.57 that broke Primary Ray Visibility and Shadow Receiver flags.
- Added support for a bucket size of 512.
- Added support for EXR Auto-Crop for Redshift File Output.
- Updated UI for all lights.
- Added missing parameters for Physical Light, RS Physical Sun, RS Physical Sky, Dome Light, IES Light, and Portal Light.
- RS Physical Sky "Derive values from Sun" now affects Sun Disc Scale.
- Dome Light viewport preview now honors the Environment Background parameter.
- Removed deprecated Photon GI flags from Redshift Object Properties.
- Improved the layout of the Global Preferences group in Render Setup.
- Fixed a typo in the "targetDistance" script parameter name for RS Light.
MAXON Cinema 4D:
- Removed deprecated Photon GI options from the RSObject tag.
- Addressed various UI issues and improved consistency.
- Improved viewport IPR rendering performance and events system stability.
- Addressed issues related to color correction, GUI, and rendering parameters.
- Added support for the "Deep Merge Alpha Threshold" render option.
- Removed some obsolete visibility flags.
- Improved strands rendering and fixed artifacts in curves rotations and normals.
- Addressed various issues in the RS ROP node.
- Enhanced compatibility with OSL nodes and materials.
- Improved the parameter UI for RSLights.
- Addressed issues related to exposure and GI in older scenes.
- Added support for a bucket size of 512 px.
- Addressed GPU memory and extraction performance issues.
- Improved compatibility with scenes containing multiple objects referencing the same material.
- Addressed visibility option defaults.
- Added the new "Deep Merge Alpha Threshold" render option.
- Removed some obsolete visibility flags.
- Fixed minor bugs and issues related to mesh lights, light textures, and USD files.
- Streamlined the parameter UI for Light LOPs.
- Fixed a material assignment bug in hair export code.
- Added support for exporting UV data for hair from 'particle emitter' object.
- Added support for the Vertex Color attribute.
- Added support for Motion Blur (transformation).
- Synchronized the list of Color Spaces in the nodes with the Color Management list.
- Added RS Maxon Noise shader.
General (All Supported Software):
- Added a deep merge alpha threshold option.
- The core now supports switching the list of used GPUs dynamically (between frames) and without requiring a 3D app restart. (Note: There is a known issue with this feature.)
- Added 'time to first pixel' performance and robustness improvements for scenes with many complex materials.
- Texture sampler can now use up to 64GB of VRAM cache, improving rendering performance.
- Fixed rare bugs that could cause corrupt texturing and crashes.
- Redshift will now build and attempt to pre-load the entire scene geometry into VRAM if it fits, improving performance.
- Fixed bugs related to lights, delta lights, and textures.
- Added support for RG channel textures, with the B channel now containing valid data.